Who doesn't love a PB & J? Since starting my competition prep, I've found a different way to enjoy this sandwich with a nice healthy twist! Loaded with protein, complex carbs and healthy fats this meal makes the perfect pre-workout meal leaving you feeling full & satisfied with a smile on your face! :)
All you need is:
- 2 Slices of bread- I used Silver Hill's 16 grain bread, rich in fibre to keep you feeling full!
- 1 tbsp organic peanut butter
- 1 tbsp sugar-free strawberry jam- I used Xyla Jam, it is sugar-free (sweetened with natural Xylitol), gluten-free and has a very-low glycemic index so no insulin spikes here! :)
- 3/4 cups egg whites
- Cinnamon & stevia to taste
- Splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- In a bowl combine and mix your 3/4 cups of egg whites, almond milk, cinnamon and stevia
- Soak your bread in the mixture
- Grill your soaked bread in a pan on the stove
- Top your bread with your organic PB & J and ENJOY!!!
MACROS: 44 C, 10 F, 36 P